Monday, October 3, 2011

I-Pod completes a decade!

No, not today, but this year, Apple 's 'flagship' product which revolutionized the mp3 player and the way we listen, named one and only the great 'Ipod' is gonna complete a decade on 10 November 2011.

This makes me feel old.It has been 5 years since I bought my first "I-pod' which was I-pod classic and black in color,and I have been using it since then.I wasn't really aware about I-pod till 2005, and was very excited when I got it next year. It was memorable moment.I remember I used to look at I-pod box at airport, showing images of I-Pod classic showing image of hit t.v.-show at that time 'Lost".I-Pod was seen as status symbol at that time.Now everyone has it.

Before I-Pod came, we used to have Walkman which looked like a heavy box, in which we could only listen songs which was inserted in Walkman.If you want to listen songs of different albums you were required to change the cassette.
When I-Pod came, everything changed. You could store more than thousand songs. It was easier to change and select songs of different albums.

After that companies like Sony and Panasonic came and made mp3 players like ipod, but couldn't match the original invention.It has been undisputed leader in mp3 player for 10 years.What a record!I once read a quote by Ronaldo in an Adidas, which was something like that : "It is not as difficult to be no.1 as to maintain that position" I don't remember the line correctly.But the point is I-Pod has maintained it's position since it first arrived.It deserves a round of applause. I-Pod lead to another revolutionary Apple 's invention called I-tunes store which introduced the concept of legal downloads of T.V. shows, movies and songs.It changed the way of entertainment.Long live I-Pod!Long live Steve Jobs!


No comments:

Post a Comment